Pendant, ‘MIB 6’, also available in black, H 26 x D 6 cm, Design For The People by Nordlux.
1. Make sure the lamps above the kitchen worktop are high enough to let even the tallest family member avoid bumping into them during cooking.
2. Do you want good working light in your kitchen? Choose narrow lamps to avoid glare, but still ensure good lighting.
3. Not all lighting in the kitchen needs to be functional. Create a nice ambience with little, decorative table lamps on a shelf or in a windowsill.
Pendant, ‘Ray’, the brass ring can be exchanged for a black ring, H 16.5 x D 12 cm, set of two, Nordlux.
Pendant, ‘Strap’, in brushed brass, also available in black, white and brushed steel, small, D 36 cm, large, D 48 cm, Design For The People by Nordlux
Table lamp, ‘Hollywood’, in glass, H 12.8 cm, Nordlux.
Pendant, ‘Artist 25’, also available in black, grey and silver, H 6 x D 25 cm, Design For The People by Nordlux.
1. Hang the dining table lamp about 50-70 cm above the table. That way, you make sure that everyone can see each other without being blinded by glare.
2. If you have a transparent lampshade, you might want to play with the look of the bulb a little. Pick a bulb with a pattern or a decorative LED bulb.
3. Perhaps pick a dining table lamp that stands out and almost becomes a brilliant sculpture in the room.
Pendant, ‘Manhattan’, H 44.5 x W 85 cm, Design For The People by Nordlux
1. Is your wardrobe in the bedroom? If it is, a dimmer can help you switch between relaxed night lighting and functional lighting for when you need to pick out clothes in the morning.
2. Decorate with lamps in the ceiling, on the floor and by the bed to create a warm, inviting look in the bedroom.
3. Make the bedroom a quiet sanctuary in your day with toned-down colours on the walls and linens and lamps in a simple look.
Wall lamp, ‘Strap’, also available in black and with white opal glass, H 17 x D 16.5 cm, Design For The People by Nordlux. Read more about the Strap series
Wall lamp, ‘Patton’, with dimmer, also available in black, H 19 x D 12 cm, Design For The People by Nordlux.
1. To get the optimal working light, make sure that you have lighting behind you and on or just above the desk.
2. Is the office part of the living room? Tie the room’s various functions together by selecting a desk lamp from the same series as the wall lamp by the sofa, for example.
3. Find a lamp that is functional and showcases your style, giving the office a personal touch.
Table and wall lamp, ‘Arki’, with base and wall bracket, H 52 x D 20 cm, Design For The People by Nordlux.
Socket, ‘Avra’, available in black, brass, chrome and copper, H 10.2 x D 5.1 cm, bulb with LED, both from Nordlux. Read more about the Avra series
1. When you need to find your keys and wallet on your way out the door, lighting in the hall is important. Therefore, you should make sure to get good general overhead lighting.
2. Mix functional lamps with those that provide a cosy light, making the room inviting when you have guests. For example, hang three to four pendants in a corner like a glowing sculpture.
3. Is space a bit tight? Go for wall and ceiling lamps that do not take up space in the room.
Wall lamp, ‘Karma’, in blown glass, H 24 x D 14 cm, Design For The People by Nordlux.